Saturday, May 6, 2017

Really tough day here in Belgrade. I have been feeling great so far and was very eager to have a crack at the A Final this afternoon, but it just wasn't it the cards. Due to weather, the Rep was moved from yesterday afternoon to this morning, and so I had to race the Rep and the Semi over the course of 5 hours. Plenty of analysis to unload when its all over, but for now I have one more opportunity to show what I can do. I race the B Final tomorrow at 10 am local time. It's a packed B Final and should be a great test. While I am bummed to not have made the A Final this go around, I am more confident than ever that I have the speed to be there and trade blows with the best. While this afternoon's semi was an incredibly painful experience, I don't have any doubts about my effort, mental game, or capabilities. Everything was there, everything was firing... except my Legs. They felt like they had concrete in them. I just flat out was too tired to compete with those guys today. So, now I rest, eat a bunch of food, and come back even harder tomorrow. No doubt, just more work ahead. Thanks for all the support.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for making the effort, given the circumstances, to post. Give 'em hell tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete