This morning I got the final approval from the High Perfomance Comittee to go to the first and second World Cups in Munich and Hamburg, Germany. It is awesome to get meaningful emails and messages instead of the usual morning attendance from the school secretary and any other garbage that clogs up my email on a daily basis! It doesn't change much other than just giving me a green light to actually DO the things I dream about all the time. It also doesn't change any of the logistical issues I have to deal with in order to make this trip possible. As of now, I am my own travel agent, accountant, boatman, scheduler, etc...so the last couple days that has definitely taken away from my singular focus on training. However, the amount I have been thinking about this trip has certainly made each training session go by quickly by providing plenty of mental fuel. Hopefully once I solify some plans I will be able to start thinking about things that really matter like.....how to square out at the release or how to row with my fingertips...

This morning was slated for 120' cross training. The water is so high that theres not a whole lot else I can do...but I decided to go for a long run. It was a gorgeous crisp morning with very gusty winds. I ended up running for about 100' and like I said earlier, my mind was filled with questions and scenarios. I need to take the trash out of my head!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts