The lake level has begun to return to its previous level but it still feels like rowing on the ocean. This morning was an easy 75' row with no hard strokes. Recently I have been trying to make sure I have a good vigorous warm-up so I can enjoy the row without having to think much about my heart rate. I have been doing a lot of square blade rowing and hand position drills. I have been paying a lot of attention to what my hands and fingers are doing. I think a lot of people would be suprised what their hands are ACTUALLY doing...this attention to detail has helped me a lot recently. Keeping my hands all the way on the end of the handle to make sure I have more leverage and rowing completely with the fingertips. The row was 16 k this morning broken up into 8 stretches on the 2k course. Each stretch of steady state I visualized a race. I started with my heat at the Munich World Cup and finished the 8th stretch with my Friday race at the Henley Royal Regatta! I think this race visualization is just as important as the physiological work you need to do to prepare for a 2k. When I am on the course I am never surprised. I know what I will be thinking after the start, thru the 1000, and going into my sprint. I know what I will be thinking when I am down two lengths at the 500 and end up walking through the field. The pain of a race is mostly induced by the uncertainty of your result. It is brought upon by the uncertainty of the situation that the competition has created. Eliminate the uncertainty, embrace the variables, and be make a good story out of the race. When it comes down to it, if its not a good story, its not worth doing!!!!
Today is my last day of school before leaving for Europe...rumor has it a lot of appreciate little girls will be bring me cupcakes. Feast!
Is it strange that I feel like it is my last day of high school!?
Lift this afternoon and then another coaching adventure.
Today is my last day of school before leaving for Europe...rumor has it a lot of appreciate little girls will be bring me cupcakes. Feast!
Is it strange that I feel like it is my last day of high school!?
Lift this afternoon and then another coaching adventure.
Comments
Post a Comment