This morning was beautiful--very chilly, but glassy water with clear skies. It was about 35 degrees this morning but the double and I went out for about an 80' row. I had some short power pieces on the schedule and I enjoyed getting more comfortable at race pace. It is becoming clear to me just how little speed work we did before NSR 1. I feel fast and comfortable at race rate and I am starting to see the numbers I thought I might be capable of. Earlier in the Spring, Larry told me to just make sure I was enjoying myself and enjoying the sculling. That sounds so simple but it has helped me greatly. This spring, so far, when I am on the water I really would rather be doing nothing else. The ability to be in the moment separates the good athletes around the world and the best. I would argue it really separates the good and the best at anything, whether it be cooking, writing, anything...what is right in front of you is all that matters.
This morning made me miss the chilly mornings in Craftsbury.
This morning made me miss the chilly mornings in Craftsbury.
Comments
Post a Comment