Yesterday we were able to drive to a nearby lake to get a row in. We went to a place called Candlewood and the double and I did some 30 stroke pieces against each other. It is amazing how much harder you can push yourself when there is someone else there providing competition. These were very short pieces but I was dead by the end. Definitely a very useful speed session. This morning the three of us did a lactate test with Guenter. It consists of a series of 7 min pieces at a certain watt output. The last one I did was in november. I ended up improving by about 30 watts, which is pretty substantial even thiugh I felt like my heart rate was unusually high because of a hot shower I took! It was still good, I was able to be a little bit ahead of both Brian and Jon. Hopefully I can continue to improve. Regardless it is good to know I am pulling good scores before going overseas to compete against the best in the world.

Comments

Popular Posts