Arrived in hamburg after a hilarious 12 hr bus ride with the czech team. We changed our back left wheel 2-3 times and then rested every 90' or so. The drive was only 600km which any capable driver could have covered in less 12 hrs, maybe even some bicyclists. It is great to be back in Germany though. I loved Prague but it still has the bustle of a city to it and now we are back in the middle of green fields rowing on a secluded international race course. This course reminds me of Craftsbury with 6 lanes. Except for the fact that we are surrounded by canals, but other than that...it's very green, close quartered, and serene. We got a 8k paddle in last night and I was happy with how I felt and how the boat felt. It reminded me of getting on Worcester after rowing on the Connecticut all spring...no current, just a simple system of oars, boat, water, and me. I can handle that! I will write some more tonigght before racing but for now I.........am going to go...bye

Comments

Popular Posts