ok! i am now in henley after some downtime in hamburg and a quick flight across the pond to england. i arrived in henley early yesterday afternoon and sat by the river most of the day and watched crews practice. i did this alot as a boy waiting for my dad or the rest of my family. while back then it was done out of boredom, i honestly would not have rather been anywhere else in the world yesterday. it was beautiful and quiet. i got settled in with my host family where i am sharing the house with the st. pauls schoolboy 8 and their coach colin campbell who is a former coach of CCDS where i taught and coached this year. so it was fun catching up with him. this morning i will go down to see if my boat and oars have arrived from germany but I ( OH THERES THE CAPS LOCK KEY) am not optimisitic. In all likelihood I will be doing quite a bit of running over the next couple of days. Today I will run to Marlow and back which is about 14 miles round trip. It is tradition to stop for a beer and hamurger in Marlow and then begin the trek back. Anyways, thats all for now. The next two weeks are a great time to continue to fine tune my single in preparation for trials in august but at the same time take a step back, regroup, and enjoy being here. I will be racing in the Diamond Challenge Sculls which is the most prestigious singles race in the world so it is an honor to be in it and not have to qualify(which i found out yesterday).I am certainly a long shot to make it to the weekend with a handful of Olympic heavyweight scullers entered, but hey, it could happen...

Comments

Popular Posts