Sitting on the bank if the river right now and it's 6:20 am. Huge storms went through last night and have left us with a very brisk yet beautiful morning. I just made some coffee with the new neon green french press that Brian and I purchased. We felt that it was a necessary 80 crowns to spend( roughly 6 dollars, hahaha). Ysterday was a solid day of training and I was so happy to be back in the boat after a day and a half off. We needed the rest but mentally I wanted to row and train so badly-- it brings to light that there is certainly no shortage of motivation around here...
We logged about 32 k yesterday including some nice strolls through the center of the city side by side with the 2x at low rate. I am rowing with new oars right now and they have so far provided a different feel and stimulus which has kept each session new and exciting. They are smoothie 2 blades from concept 2 which are different and more traditional than the fat blades I have been using pretty much my whole life. I am nit sure what I will race in hamburg but right now it seems like maybe I have nit been getting all the speed I deserve out of my effort...these longer oars so far have given me more load and traction but it might be at the mercy of efficiency which the fat blades are not short on. So we will see. After this week I should have a good idea what is the best fit for me.. Regardless it is healthy to evaluate yourself and your rig every now and then especially when you do nit have a coach or anybody in your boat!!! A shout out to Chocapic which is my new favorite cereal.
We logged about 32 k yesterday including some nice strolls through the center of the city side by side with the 2x at low rate. I am rowing with new oars right now and they have so far provided a different feel and stimulus which has kept each session new and exciting. They are smoothie 2 blades from concept 2 which are different and more traditional than the fat blades I have been using pretty much my whole life. I am nit sure what I will race in hamburg but right now it seems like maybe I have nit been getting all the speed I deserve out of my effort...these longer oars so far have given me more load and traction but it might be at the mercy of efficiency which the fat blades are not short on. So we will see. After this week I should have a good idea what is the best fit for me.. Regardless it is healthy to evaluate yourself and your rig every now and then especially when you do nit have a coach or anybody in your boat!!! A shout out to Chocapic which is my new favorite cereal.
You seem to be getting better at typing with the iPad! Glad to see that you're making improvements every single day.
ReplyDelete