Sunday morning here in Henley and my brother Tom has supposedly arrived but I have yet to see him!!
I rowed this morning and it was probably the calmest morning so far with small winds and little boat wakes. Yesterday on the other hand was a disaster in terms of pleasure boats! It's no wonder the Gb team ships out leading up to the regatta.

The boat is feeling pretty good even though I am still experimenting with the new oars I used in Hamburg. I am trying to get the right foot position so it is kind of a guess and check process. It seems as though I can probably afford to give myself a little more room at the release to provide a slightly more stable platform in the uncertain Henley water.

Only a few days to the start of racing and I am excited to row as a heavyweight again! Although, I doubt the weight I've put on since hamburg is purely muscle...haha, mostly chocolate. It's tough to gain weight when your training, so I've been trying pretty hard, chocolate helps a lot. I had heard rumors of the new zealnd lightweight double weighing in at Henley last year at over 170 lbs...which is just hilarious considering they had to be 155 a week later! So, i was 159 last week so I think 170 is a good goal for me; I can't be outdone by the kiwis! I need to show them that Americans can put on weight much better than them!!but I will probably end up just putting a bunch of coins in my pockets on weigh in day.

Comments

Popular Posts