Just finished up afternoon practice here in Craftsbury. It is a humid summer day and hydration is the name of the game!! The last few days I have been rowing in a 2x with Taylor Washburn and it has been going pretty well. With sights beginning to be set on next year, 2012, Taylor is a great option for a partner. So far we have really enjoyed rowing together and hope to continue improving. Last week I broke the head of the hosmer record set by my brother Peter last year, only to find out that someone else broke it as well and beat me!!! Taylor and I finished dead even over the 3k course in 10:08. Trials are in about 2 weeks and the excitement is definitely building. We have been doing quite a bit of high intensity work and I am feeling pretty tired. It is time to peak!
To cover our room and board here in Craftsbury we work for the center doing all sorts of odd jobs that keep us very busy. I even put a roof on a shed the other day! Didn't even know I could use a drill!! It's fun. All the crews from Craftsbury that qualified for worlds are in Amsterdam now so I am training mostly on my own amonst girls and with Taylor when we are in the 2x. Not a problem though, there are plenty of people around to keep me company and I try to entertain them as much as possible!

Comments

Popular Posts