Vermont!!!!! Since trials ended and I missed my opportunity to make the 2011 world championship team, I have been enjoying the finest time of year in Vermont. I spent a couple days with my family, celebrating Peter and toms win in the heavyweight double and there upcoming trip to the world championships in Slovenia. It is the second time they have been the double in three years! The goal is to all make the team in 2012, so that is a good start. I am back in Craftsbury right now and will be here for most of the fall. I see the next couple months as a great opportunity to just keep getting better and really lock in to a microclimate of improvement in the northeast kingdom. Before I lock into training I will be racing one more time in the single at the pan American games trials in Princeton. I was hesitant to go at first but now I see it as a great opportunity to show my progress this year. I have been training and competing in the single all year and I want my last race to be in it. I have had a solid week of rowing this week under Larrys watchful eye and I am excited to see how I stack up against some of the top heavyweight scullers. After the racing, I will come back up to Vermont and begin a very focused period of training...this blog might be one of my only outlets, so stay tuned...the Olympics are now.

Comments

Popular Posts