Sorry for the long hiatus but the last few weeks have been a pretty big transition period for me. I packed my things( my duffle bag) from Craftsbury and headed home on my way out west to my new life in California. I was very sad to leave Craftsbury obviously but there is work to be done and i need to be somewhere warmer to do it. This year I set out trying to get as fast as possible in hopes that I could make myself an attractive double partner for the 2012 Olympics. I thought I made some decent strides but did not have necessarily finish the way I wanted, missing the 2011 world championships. However, I did succeed in attracting a partner for this year-- hence my move out west and rededication to the goal of the Olymoics in the Lightweight 2x this year. My cousin Brian deRegt, the stroke of the 2x for the past two years, will be my partner this year... Or I guess I should say, I will be his partner! We will be training in Newport Beach California for the year leading up to the Olymoic Trials in April, at which point if we are successful, we will have to qualify the boat in Lucerne Switzerland in late May. A very long and arduous task...but that's why we want to tackle it. It is an exciting time and will be a year in which anything and everything will happen. Wish us luck!
Luck!
ReplyDelete