very fortunate to be home for the next few days with my entire family. I have really missed Cincinnati. Being at home brings me back to center and grounds me. As awesome as California is, it is easy to feel like you are just on vacation all the time without feeling like you are ever comfortable at home. There certainly is a ease of mind being here briefly. I enjoy most running through the hills around our house. They are such a special part of my life. They are a place I go to clear my head, enjoy being outside, and often times remind myself of why I train the way I do. I have had pretty bad achilles tendonitis for the last couple of months that has worsened as I have trained through it. This has kept me away from running which has been really difficult for me. Fortunately, I have recently recovered and yesterday went on a two hour run without pain in my ankle. It was such a treat. The movements of running are quite different from those of rowing and weight lifting. Anyways, it was the best Christmas present I could have received. After a couple of light days, our new cycle begins tomorrow morning in the weight room. It has been nice being able to feel our bodies for this last week as we brought the volume down, but those days are now over...back to endurance lifting and endurance on the water. As we start a new cycle, I can't help but feel the urgency elevating. Only a few more days until that dial turns 2 0 1 2...I think once we see those digits things are going to start feeling close and very real.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment