2 x 2000 m tomorrow morning in singles. This will be the third installment of the monthly 2k pieces at the end of the training cycle. It is mostly just an indicator of how the technical focuses and physiological improvements are making their way into our racing form on the water. We have seen a lot of changes and improvements so far this cycle but when it comes down to it, if its not happening over the racing distance then we are not getting any better. These pieces are a chance to show the changes. It all sounds great, getting to race with a new engine and play with new tricks; however, its not AS fun when everyone you are racing knows the same tricks and has installed a new engine as well! We have all been doing the same programme so it is more of a systematic improvement that we are looking for. Otherwise, the results depend mostly on how each guy is responding to the training load and it is interesting how each guy is slightly different. Dave says he has seen some big changes in our rowing this cycle but it will be exciting to see how it shows up in our racing strokes. There are no slouches in our group. I am scared of every guy I have to line up next to tomorrow--it doesn't matter if we are all related! But you just can't think about that kind of stuff. I like to race because I enjoy sculling fast. The opportunity to light up a 2k in my single is not something I want to miss--no matter who is on the course with me! Sure, I am externally motivated as well, but the ability to put the blinders on and enjoy each stroke is a skill that is very useful in the type of racing we are trying to do this year. Race report to come later...
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments
Post a Comment