today was a good day.
It started with a few cups of coffee, some oatmeal, and sports center.
Then I cycled 6 miles to the boathouse and hit the water. The water work was:
5 k warm up
12 x 400 m/ 1' rest starts/sprints( wow this hurt- finished well with 40 strokes at 40 spm)
7 k cool down.
Feeling smoother and effective at rate. But that didnt stop me from putting my head between my legs in exhaustion during the last few pieces.
I would like to thank the nice people at OCC for their wonderful hospitality. They brought Dave a cup of coffee on the launch!
I did some stretching...
I biked up to lunch @ Panera: if you haven't tried the new strawberry poppyseed chicken salad you are in for a treat!
After sitting for about an hour I cycled 20 miles to Long Beach for coaching.
I found out one of the guys wasn't there and I would be filling in at stroke seat of Varsity 4x.
Impromtu 22 k steady state. 95'.
Then cycled 20 miles back to Newport Beach.
Im not sure this is what Dave had in mind when he told me to "flush the lactate" this afternoon...but whatever. Just Do It.
Comments
Post a Comment