About 10 days until I leave for Princeton to race at Non-Oympic World Championship Trials. I have continued to enjoy my time here in Cincinnati quite a bit. While there is still a good chuck of time to do some cosmetic work before Trials, I am starting to feel ready to race. After taking a good dosage of race prep pieces last week, I have been resting, rowing easy, and preparing for the final super comp before racing begins. That basically means that I will do one more set of race pieces before resting and rowing easy all the way until Monday July 9th.
Probably the biggest changes training here compared to California so far has been MY MOM! She has been cooking for me and making sure I am sleeping a lot. Yes, we all know that eating well and sleeping a lot are good for you but there is a difference between KNOWLEDGE and WISDOM! Wisdom involves action. So, without changing technique, rig, etc, I feel faster just because the smartest woman I know has been keeping me in line!!

Comments

Popular Posts