LM1x Final

Sorry for not giving a play by play of the last couple days. Racing has progressed pretty well and without much incident. The heats were very relaxed, the semis heated up a little bit, and tomorrow the fooling around will be over. I have felt pretty good about the way I have been moving the boat but there are some things I will need to address in order to keep Andrew( Campbell, that is) from getting past me. Today I found myself rowing fast but not as clever as I can be. I blasted off a 1:42 first 500 this morning into a decent headwind which gave me my lead early in the semi, from there I was able to control the race. I have never had the ability to do this and I must say, its a lot of fun. Dave said that we might be able to race this way after doing this training programme--race by race I believe it more and more. Andrew did not have to work very hard in his semi so I can expect that he will come off the blocks intent on imposing his will early. It's crucial I stop that from happening. I am not sure I have felt this overarching feeling that I need to bring out everything I am capable of to win tomorrow. It is an awesome feeling. Maybe I have not truly pushed my limits in past races. Who knows. I just respect Andrew as an athlete and understand how capable he is. That being said, I truly believe in myself. I know that somewhere inside me there is enough heart, lungs, mental game, and guts to beat anyone. Yeah, there really is. I am not sure I have ever put it all together. Maybe tomorrow is the day, maybe its not, but that has to be the goal. To use everything I have, every ounce of god given talent, spirit, humor, love, passion, consciousness...everything. I will ask myself if its truly everything...if the answer is honestly yes, I will be happy no matter what. If the answer is no, I am going to keep pushing. It has been quite a journey this year and I appreciate deeply anyone who has been following me and pulling for me out there in the shadows. I think of all of the preparation that I have done this year and well...it's been a hoot. I think I am going to celebrate it tomorrow on the course. Maybe this will be my last race of the year, maybe it will be a stepping stone to winning World Championships this summer,  no matter what,  I am going to hang out on the Craftsbury porch pretty soon...Everyone is invited.

This afternoon I spun on the bike with Hal at Peddie and listened to some tunes. Good times. Good tunes.

Comments

Popular Posts