Sunday morning here in Craftsbury, some snow on the ground, and for some reason we are listening to holiday music. It's only November 4th but it feels so right! There is no question that listening to christmas music before Thanksgiving is jumping the gun.
It's been about two weeks since the Head of the Charles and the beginning of my stint on the injured reserve. I have been putting a good amount of miles on the trails running and going nowhere on the stationary bike. It has been tough not participating in water workouts but I have been pleased with the quality of work I have been doing especially on the bike. The stationary bike is purely about exertion and to a certain extent it important to only be concerned with going as deep into the well as possible. I have done a plethora of minute, 5 min, and 7 min pieces over the last couple weeks. I have surprised myself with just how hard I can go on the bike. Obviously there is no technical element to the bike I am hoping that this stint of hard work is enough to keep me sharp leading into the Speed order. I am being very cautious with my rib and will not race next weekend unless it is 100 percent. Yesterday was the first time I had really put any pressure on it and it felt surprisingly good. I did some :40 pieces on the erg at 6k pace and did not have any pain. Even though that felt good I will probably stay off it all this week hoping that by the weekend it will be back to normal.
It's tough to say how my boat speed will be after taking a couple weeks away from it but to be perfectly honest, I am not too worried about it. Being healthy is numero uno.
It's been about two weeks since the Head of the Charles and the beginning of my stint on the injured reserve. I have been putting a good amount of miles on the trails running and going nowhere on the stationary bike. It has been tough not participating in water workouts but I have been pleased with the quality of work I have been doing especially on the bike. The stationary bike is purely about exertion and to a certain extent it important to only be concerned with going as deep into the well as possible. I have done a plethora of minute, 5 min, and 7 min pieces over the last couple weeks. I have surprised myself with just how hard I can go on the bike. Obviously there is no technical element to the bike I am hoping that this stint of hard work is enough to keep me sharp leading into the Speed order. I am being very cautious with my rib and will not race next weekend unless it is 100 percent. Yesterday was the first time I had really put any pressure on it and it felt surprisingly good. I did some :40 pieces on the erg at 6k pace and did not have any pain. Even though that felt good I will probably stay off it all this week hoping that by the weekend it will be back to normal.
It's tough to say how my boat speed will be after taking a couple weeks away from it but to be perfectly honest, I am not too worried about it. Being healthy is numero uno.
Comments
Post a Comment