Coach Roock recently finalized our plans for training in the spring prior to the National Selection Regattas in April. We will be in Clemson, SC starting March 3 until the first NSR the last week in April. About 7 weeks. It's obviously encouraging to hear about rowing in the near future; however, to b e honest, it made me realize how little time up here we have. Winter training has always been a daunting period of time filled with hours of indoor training. After being up here in Craftsbury for December and most of Janurary, my experience has been the complete opposite. I am now trying to hold onto the final few weeks of time here--the way I would have tried to hold onto the summer in the past. What a pleasant change of perspective from the rest of my life. Skiing has been the staple of the winter training and has split up the rowing related activity in a way that provides a great rhythm to the stimulus of training. I could be wrong and maybe I will be slow this spring, but it just seems like you do not have to beat a dead horse in order to get the stimulus you need out of training. I guess we will find out for sure once we hit the water in a few weeks and we find out what our months away from the boat have done. Regardless, I truly have enjoyed the winter so far. That being said, as I write this, it is blowing 55 mph and the temperature is dropping from 39 to -9 degrees F.

Comments

Popular Posts