2x with Ben Dannimal this morning.
We cruised about 21 k easy with some drills interspersed. At this point we are just trying to take a bunch of strokes together and sync up as much as possible. We match up naturally pretty well but there is another level of matching that just comes with the miles together.
Originally the plan was for brother Peter and I to row the 2x this year at NSR 2, but after a brotherly summit this weekend in San Diego we deemed that it might not be the smartest course of action given the current circumstances. Peter and I really enjoy rowing together but right now its just unrealistic for him to fully commit to training with me here in Clemson and in Vermont. He has a lot going on in California and at home in Cincinnati. So, its looking like we will row singles at NSR 1, see where we all stack up, and go from there. Its still early and a lot can happen over the next 4 months leading into World Championship trials. There's a good chance Peter will be in the equation by then.
In the meantime, Ben and I will be splitting time between the 1x and 2x, and just getting better in both. It has been a lot of fun rowing with Ben. He has a very simple and powerful stroke. No secret why he has been a successful sculler and rower at Brown. He is a ball of repeatable power. I enjoy following him. Without much time in the boat, we are able to put down some fairly noteworthy paddling numbers. I am excited to see what we can do at race pace.
In other news, flowers are blooming, leaves are coming out, and temperatures are rising. The racing season must be near..
We cruised about 21 k easy with some drills interspersed. At this point we are just trying to take a bunch of strokes together and sync up as much as possible. We match up naturally pretty well but there is another level of matching that just comes with the miles together.
Originally the plan was for brother Peter and I to row the 2x this year at NSR 2, but after a brotherly summit this weekend in San Diego we deemed that it might not be the smartest course of action given the current circumstances. Peter and I really enjoy rowing together but right now its just unrealistic for him to fully commit to training with me here in Clemson and in Vermont. He has a lot going on in California and at home in Cincinnati. So, its looking like we will row singles at NSR 1, see where we all stack up, and go from there. Its still early and a lot can happen over the next 4 months leading into World Championship trials. There's a good chance Peter will be in the equation by then.
In the meantime, Ben and I will be splitting time between the 1x and 2x, and just getting better in both. It has been a lot of fun rowing with Ben. He has a very simple and powerful stroke. No secret why he has been a successful sculler and rower at Brown. He is a ball of repeatable power. I enjoy following him. Without much time in the boat, we are able to put down some fairly noteworthy paddling numbers. I am excited to see what we can do at race pace.
In other news, flowers are blooming, leaves are coming out, and temperatures are rising. The racing season must be near..
Comments
Post a Comment