Mile piece
1 mile vs. Trinity 4+
Trinity 6.00
J Graves 6.01
I led to the Barrier( 630m) and to Fawley (1000), but they reeled me in by the end. I had a little bobble in the headwind that seemed to affect me a little more than them. I lost a bunch on that, but regardless, a very good piece to finish pretty even with them. Obviously they are not a top 4 but they are not bad either. The bottom line is that I always need to be pushing the limits of what I can do and this was another good step in the right direction. It simulated race day well. I blasted off the start and got to a solid base rythym. If anything, I would say that my rig was too heavy for the headwind conditions which may have accounted for me being affected by the headwind later in the piece. No problem, its good information for race week.
Before I went out, I was approached by legendary sculler Peter Haining. He was a world champion lightweight in the early 90's, as well as the heavyweight GB sculler. A very interesting man, someone who I feel like I have a lot in common with. He said he was 85 kg and would run 200 miles a week to get to weight. HAHA! That's hilarious and awesome. He was extremely passionate. He said many things that I will never forget but most importantly he said, "when you are out there, remember, all those cheers, THEY ARE FOR YOU! FOR YOU!" I really liked that. I will remember it.
The draw happened yesterday and I was lucky enough to be a selected crew. I am racing GB Lightweight Chris Boddy in the first round. He will definitely be a tough racer as I know, but as far as the rest of the competition goes, which includes many Olympians and World Champions, it is a very good draw. I am excited to get to the racing and lay down some complete races.
After that piece this morning, I will be rowing easy for the next few days just trying to get my body fresh and ready to go.
Trinity 6.00
J Graves 6.01
I led to the Barrier( 630m) and to Fawley (1000), but they reeled me in by the end. I had a little bobble in the headwind that seemed to affect me a little more than them. I lost a bunch on that, but regardless, a very good piece to finish pretty even with them. Obviously they are not a top 4 but they are not bad either. The bottom line is that I always need to be pushing the limits of what I can do and this was another good step in the right direction. It simulated race day well. I blasted off the start and got to a solid base rythym. If anything, I would say that my rig was too heavy for the headwind conditions which may have accounted for me being affected by the headwind later in the piece. No problem, its good information for race week.
Before I went out, I was approached by legendary sculler Peter Haining. He was a world champion lightweight in the early 90's, as well as the heavyweight GB sculler. A very interesting man, someone who I feel like I have a lot in common with. He said he was 85 kg and would run 200 miles a week to get to weight. HAHA! That's hilarious and awesome. He was extremely passionate. He said many things that I will never forget but most importantly he said, "when you are out there, remember, all those cheers, THEY ARE FOR YOU! FOR YOU!" I really liked that. I will remember it.
The draw happened yesterday and I was lucky enough to be a selected crew. I am racing GB Lightweight Chris Boddy in the first round. He will definitely be a tough racer as I know, but as far as the rest of the competition goes, which includes many Olympians and World Champions, it is a very good draw. I am excited to get to the racing and lay down some complete races.
After that piece this morning, I will be rowing easy for the next few days just trying to get my body fresh and ready to go.
Comments
Post a Comment