The remainder of Thursday was..well..it just hurt a lot.
As we lined up for the Head of the Hosmer there was a slight headwind and I was going back and forth whether I should lighten my rig a little bit by putting clams on. It wasn't that the conditions were going to be that slow, but combined with fatigue from this morning, it probably would have been a good idea. Unfortunately, after about 20 strokes I was anaerobic. I tried to rely on my rhythm to get me down the course, but its tough to have a great rhythm without any power, haha. I was not rowing badly by any means I was just missing the power that it seems like I used up in the morning. In the morning's piece I hit 193 HR which is the highest I have ever seen. It's possible that took a little toll.
Anyways, after I crossed the line I knew it was slow. I was not going to dwell on it much, just got to keep moving and attack the next piece. I was joking with Hugh after the piece and telling him that he probably beat me. He was pretty excited and consoled me a little bit by the fact that I had a good piece in the morning. Ha, nice of him, but he may have just been saying that because he was sure he beat me. So it was funny when we found out that I won by 4 seconds. Obviously that is a very poor result for me, I normally beat Hugh by 10-15 seconds. But given the circumstances I thought it was hilarious. Mainly because of unintentionally getting Hugh's hopes up. A silver lining to a shitty piece!
Hopefully today will be of a lower intensity because I know that on Sat. we will be racing hard beginning our super comp for Dorney.
As we lined up for the Head of the Hosmer there was a slight headwind and I was going back and forth whether I should lighten my rig a little bit by putting clams on. It wasn't that the conditions were going to be that slow, but combined with fatigue from this morning, it probably would have been a good idea. Unfortunately, after about 20 strokes I was anaerobic. I tried to rely on my rhythm to get me down the course, but its tough to have a great rhythm without any power, haha. I was not rowing badly by any means I was just missing the power that it seems like I used up in the morning. In the morning's piece I hit 193 HR which is the highest I have ever seen. It's possible that took a little toll.
Anyways, after I crossed the line I knew it was slow. I was not going to dwell on it much, just got to keep moving and attack the next piece. I was joking with Hugh after the piece and telling him that he probably beat me. He was pretty excited and consoled me a little bit by the fact that I had a good piece in the morning. Ha, nice of him, but he may have just been saying that because he was sure he beat me. So it was funny when we found out that I won by 4 seconds. Obviously that is a very poor result for me, I normally beat Hugh by 10-15 seconds. But given the circumstances I thought it was hilarious. Mainly because of unintentionally getting Hugh's hopes up. A silver lining to a shitty piece!
Hopefully today will be of a lower intensity because I know that on Sat. we will be racing hard beginning our super comp for Dorney.
Comments
Post a Comment