Unfortunately Internet is expensive here, so I am currently in a starbucks trying to keep my inbox from overflowing and letting my loved ones know I am OK! I guess I should just let go of the need to communicate and just live in the moment! But, that's not fair to whoever on this wide world reads this blog!
Despite having been here for a couple days, this morning was really my first row of any length. Got the boat all set up yesterday afternoon finally and went out for a short row. Things felt good, but we ran out of practice time. So this morning I went out for about 16k including some bungee rowing and a 2k tempo piece at 24-26. It was pretty flat out there this morning but humid. Being out on the course with the celebrities of the sport was pretty awesome. I watched the NZL pair and double do a 250 that gave new meaning to aggression. Pretty cool.
Boat feels good, just need to get more oxygen into my lungs at this point. Still feel pretty shaken up from the trip but hopefully that will continue to change as the week goes on.
The boat is...well lets just say if I am going slow it's not the boat's fault!!! It's awesome, fits me well and is brand new.
Despite having been here for a couple days, this morning was really my first row of any length. Got the boat all set up yesterday afternoon finally and went out for a short row. Things felt good, but we ran out of practice time. So this morning I went out for about 16k including some bungee rowing and a 2k tempo piece at 24-26. It was pretty flat out there this morning but humid. Being out on the course with the celebrities of the sport was pretty awesome. I watched the NZL pair and double do a 250 that gave new meaning to aggression. Pretty cool.
Boat feels good, just need to get more oxygen into my lungs at this point. Still feel pretty shaken up from the trip but hopefully that will continue to change as the week goes on.
The boat is...well lets just say if I am going slow it's not the boat's fault!!! It's awesome, fits me well and is brand new.

Comments
Post a Comment