3 x 2k

Classic Craftsbury morning. Crisp, flat, and sunny. This morning's workout was advertised as the last real pulling before a taper into Trials. The last two weeks since getting back from Europe have definitely been challenging, but I am glad I did not take much time to rest or take it easy. I think it was important to get back into the swing of training and push myself to keep the focus high going into the Trials without a post world cup lull that has been so prevalent in rowing lore. Soon it will be time to rest, but I am happy with the body of work we have done since getting back. 

3 x 2k was the assignment this morning, stepping up in rate. 28, 30, 32, 34. Dan wanted to make sure that we were metering out fitness and keeping the pace dropping throughout the piece. For the most part, we were successful in doing that. Hosmer is only 3k long, with a very narrow point in the middle, so getting 2k is a little bit of a challenge. Each piece we had a little maneuvering to get through there but for the most part it was a straight shot. Times were OK, but I will never say they are good. Our percentages hold up quite well compared to others but we need to keep finding speed. After racing overseas this summer, it is very clear that it is never good enough. 

A little rest and relaxation for the rest of the weekend. Excited to watch U23 finals tomorrow morning. Should be a great day for USA when Andrew takes the restricter plate off and lets loose in the A final. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts