Made it back to Craftsbury yesterday afternoon. Long day of travel but it was completely worth it when I finally made it here. Definitely saw a lot of cool places and met a lot of cool people over the last month, but wow, this is an incredibly special place. I feel so lucky to call this place home.
I have not exercised since the Final race in Lucerne. I will probably start again this morning. It has been nice to collect my thoughts and analyze where I've been, where I am, and where I want to go. I think it is such an important moment, after a race and before a new cycle, that you have a crystal clear idea of the manner in which you want to reinvent yourself. I ask myself what I need to improve on, what needs to be maintained, etc. Its crucial to plant the ideal image of yourself in your mind and always be striving for it in training. I am referring to rowing but it is probably the same in everything. Having a clear idea of where you're trying to go or what you are trying to be, and maintaining that idea all the time, is really important for me. Especially after rowing against the best scullers in the world, that idea of what I want to be and how I want to improve, is pretty darn clear. It obviously is a tall order to be a medalist in that event, but hey, thats the goal, and I know what it looks like. So I will change my perception of what is good, set the bar higher, and continually reach for it.
As far as the current plan going into World Championship Trials, its kind of uncertain( at least right now). My options are to either stay in the 1x or hop in a 2x and have a crack at the World stage in a different boat class. I would be happy doing either, but I just want to go in the most competitive boat. I have an idea of where I stack up in the 1x, so it might be fun to see if I am more competitive in a team boat, but I also feel like I am making good progress in the single. So both are good options that I am motivated to pursue, we will iron it all out this week. I must say that I still have a sour taste in my mouth about losing NSR 2 in the 2x this spring and would like to set the score straight. That doesn't necessarily mean I should do that though. This is why we have a coach though. I'll just do what he tells me to do.
I have not exercised since the Final race in Lucerne. I will probably start again this morning. It has been nice to collect my thoughts and analyze where I've been, where I am, and where I want to go. I think it is such an important moment, after a race and before a new cycle, that you have a crystal clear idea of the manner in which you want to reinvent yourself. I ask myself what I need to improve on, what needs to be maintained, etc. Its crucial to plant the ideal image of yourself in your mind and always be striving for it in training. I am referring to rowing but it is probably the same in everything. Having a clear idea of where you're trying to go or what you are trying to be, and maintaining that idea all the time, is really important for me. Especially after rowing against the best scullers in the world, that idea of what I want to be and how I want to improve, is pretty darn clear. It obviously is a tall order to be a medalist in that event, but hey, thats the goal, and I know what it looks like. So I will change my perception of what is good, set the bar higher, and continually reach for it.
As far as the current plan going into World Championship Trials, its kind of uncertain( at least right now). My options are to either stay in the 1x or hop in a 2x and have a crack at the World stage in a different boat class. I would be happy doing either, but I just want to go in the most competitive boat. I have an idea of where I stack up in the 1x, so it might be fun to see if I am more competitive in a team boat, but I also feel like I am making good progress in the single. So both are good options that I am motivated to pursue, we will iron it all out this week. I must say that I still have a sour taste in my mouth about losing NSR 2 in the 2x this spring and would like to set the score straight. That doesn't necessarily mean I should do that though. This is why we have a coach though. I'll just do what he tells me to do.
Comments
Post a Comment