I'm beat right now.

The last two days I have been helping build a bridge across a swamp using large logs, probably 10-15 feet long. We basically carry the logs 50 yards or so before dropping them down on the swamp. Each trip begins with a deadlift from the ground and then we start walking. I have worked 6 hrs over the last two days of this. I feel pretty wrecked. It's a nice wholesome soreness though. Not to mention good power building!

This morning, before going Logging again, I erged for the first time in a while. It was very windy out so I thought I would just see what I'm pulling these days on the erg. Last year on Sept. 23 I did a 20k firm steady state erg and went 1.48.5 avg.  This morning I went 1:47.8 at the same stroke( 20-21) rate and slightly lower heart rate than last year. So its nice to see a little improvement a year later. Doesn't mean a whole lot for boat moving but the erg is a good objective indicator for pure aerobic capacity and strength.

Despite feeling very tired from the logging, here I am, blogging.

This evening, after the logging, but prior to this blogging,  I went out for an easy 11k row in the single. It was dead calm and I couldn't resist getting out there. Rowed feet out for a lap, then 1/4 feather, focusing on spending a lot of time sitting at the catch. It was a peaceful row and actually felt pretty nice.  Definitely getting a little feel back. Official practice starts tomorrow. Then a couple days until we race down in Putney, VT at the Green Mtn Head.


Comments

Popular Posts