Rowed in the 2x with Ben this morning. I have to admit, it was awesome to be back in the boat. Same rig, same lineup, nothing changed from trials and worlds. September 2013 already working towards 2014. This is something incredibly rare for our country, that the current national team boat will continue training together in tact for the next year. I know, it sounds stupid, but it almost never happens. It felt great to get out there and pick up right where we left off. I would say we may have been rowing better today than we did all summer. I think we just understand each other and the stroke a lot better now than we did. Definitely a good row. We had an ABC news crew out on the water with us this morning, as well. I had a microphone on me during the row that continually slipped down by uni to the point where Ben was laughing at the "bulge" in my butt.

Ben and I are definitely on the same page as far as what we want to do in this sport. Basically, we want to be good enough so that Milda and Donata from the World Champion Lithuanian women's 2x will actually talk to us. So, we need to get to work.


Comments

Popular Posts