Can't remember if I posted this over the summer, but I was just watching some video of rowing with the bungee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWtZhCdZvvU


 In this clip I'm pushing at around 150 hr and 20 spm with speed around 2.10. I remember this feeling smooth but I also remember thinking about Xeno. There are some good videos of him rowing with the bungee on and he is just hanging off the leg drive so well. I am probably trying to use my body a little more than him with the swing, but just because I am a lot smaller than he is. This video also shows me what I want to improve upon this coming year, especially to be more effective in the 2x. I want to be able to spend more time at the front end, i.e. be more comfortable at full compression. I think  you can unlock a lot of speed just by fully utilizing the leg drive and I don't think I'm there yet. Very low rate rowing, 14-16 spm, along with one leg squats, and front squats, hopefully can get me closer to controlling ever centimeter of the roll into the catch while keeping my body up. When watching Kjetil Borch this weekend, thats what sticks out to me the most. Core strength and relaxed catch position. Sets everything up it seems.

He also can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7mTad0mbng


I'm working on it.

But for now...

John is (bi)King


Comments

Popular Posts