Sore rib yesterday afternoon and this morning so I'm back on the bike for a little bit. I won't go into the details of why my rib is hurting but lets just say it wasn't my idea. Hopefully with a few days of biking and running I will be back in the boat ready to go. It has been snowing the last couple of days so being inside exercising is not the end of the world. I biked for 120' this morning pretty easy. This evening I did some leg specific strength work: one legged squats and leg press. 2 x 55 reps of each. I am trying to a better job keeping up with some of this strength work that isn't necessarily being prescribed in our training plan but I think is important, i.e. front squats, one leg squats.

Looking back at my journal from exactly a year ago...believe it or not I was on the bike with a sore rib. What the hell!? The encouraging part is that I spent about 10 days biking and cross training and didn't seem to lose too much feel for the boat. So, I am not worried about that. I'm confident I have taken enough strokes this year to hold me over while this thing gets healthy. That being said, I like rowing and would never choose to be indoors on a stationary bike making my butt sore.







Comments

Popular Posts