Plenty I could say about the weekend down here in Princeton, but simply, it was good execution of the erg piece and the water piece this morning. I didn't feel like I did anything out of the ordinary or special, but had two solid pieces that to me showed that I have made some good progress over the last year. For both events, I am concerned with my own improvement first and foremost, and try not to let things I can't control(like other people) affect me. Especially when it is time trial format. Obviously, I am very competitive and want to win, but I am most focused on my boat speed, my technique, my fitness, my mindset, etc...and just making sure I am building positively each time out. 

Both the erg and the water piece showed me substantial improvement. On the erg, at the same rate, same exertion, I went 24 seconds faster. 19:51 to 19:27. On the water, same course, I went 5 seconds slower this year, but into a 15 mph headwind. I would guess the conditions today were around 30-40 seconds slower than last year. 

It was also awesome to see my brother Peter have a good piece and show everyone that he is back. I think he is technically one of the best scullers around, he just needs to train consistently and keep getting fitter. Being in Craftsbury will take care of that. I think Ben had a tough piece today, but its ok, he'll be back, he had an impressive piece on the erg yesterday. No matter how you slice it there is a lot of speed in our group right now and its only getting faster. 

I think all of us are excited to go back up north, hit the ski trails, and get back to work. Time to try and go catch some skiers. 


Comments

Popular Posts