We were lucky to have some warmer temps this weekend so that we could squeeze in a few more rows out of this Fall. Staying true to the Fall training pattern, we did an Around the Lake 6k piece, but this time in bigger boats. With Peter and Ben both gone this weekend, Steve and I hopped in the 2x to face off against the eager and very talented lightweights, Josh and Hugh. They have been rowing the 2x off and on this Fall, predicting that they will probably form a very solid LM2x this spring. If they stick to it, no doubt they will be tough to beat. While I am a huge Andrew Campbell fan, I think the way things are set up right now, the lightweights here in Craftsbury have an opportunity to run the table in the LM2x if they are smart about it.
Anyways, Steve and I threw the 2x together and actually had a solid piece. We have never really given this lineup a chance but it seems to click pretty well. It's definitely nice having all that power behind me, accelerating my stroke. We ended up beating lightweights by 11 seconds, 21:02 to 21:13. Obviously, in terms of percentage I think those guys got us, but for just hopping in the boat, I think it was a decent result. There's no doubt that we could squeeze a considerable amount of speed out of that boat by rowing it more than once.
Coming soon: Vo2 max 2k!!
After hurting my rib a couple weeks ago, I got out of the Vo2 testing the rest of the team did. As a friend of mine recently reminded me, you can never escape an erg test! Too true.
So, Tuesday 9 am, I will be testing. I am both excited to see what I can do and anxious to get it over with. I would say I am mostly excited about it though. It provides invaluable data about what I need to improve on and how to go about doing it.
Anyways, Steve and I threw the 2x together and actually had a solid piece. We have never really given this lineup a chance but it seems to click pretty well. It's definitely nice having all that power behind me, accelerating my stroke. We ended up beating lightweights by 11 seconds, 21:02 to 21:13. Obviously, in terms of percentage I think those guys got us, but for just hopping in the boat, I think it was a decent result. There's no doubt that we could squeeze a considerable amount of speed out of that boat by rowing it more than once.
Coming soon: Vo2 max 2k!!
After hurting my rib a couple weeks ago, I got out of the Vo2 testing the rest of the team did. As a friend of mine recently reminded me, you can never escape an erg test! Too true.
So, Tuesday 9 am, I will be testing. I am both excited to see what I can do and anxious to get it over with. I would say I am mostly excited about it though. It provides invaluable data about what I need to improve on and how to go about doing it.
Comments
Post a Comment