A/B

After making some adjustments based off of how things felt in the heat, we came out today in the semifinal feeling like a new boat. From the first stroke, we were rowing a big, exaggerated rhythm that carried us down the course alongside Germany and GB and into our first ever A Final. I am not surprised, but I am proud of the way we executed. I am continually impressed by the way this boat responds to challenges.  This is the first A Final a USA M4x has made since 2008.

Shortly after the race today, I got an email from Coach Larry Gluckman. He wrote:

 " OK, so now you are in the Jeweler's Vault. It's time for the heist. "

 We go off at 7:48 am Eastern Time and 1:48 pm swiss time! You can tune in for live video coverage at www.worldrowing.com.

On our cool down jog, we ran down to check out the Lion.

Running through town was pretty interesting. I thought  we might get booked for public indecency but Steve assured me running through the streets in a top-down uni was no problem.




LJ. Underpromise, Overdeliver. 




Comments

Popular Posts