Sat AM. coffee time
Feeling pooped this morning. Getting back into real training again can be a shock to the system after tapering/racing. On Thursday, we rowed 22k in the AM and hiked for 2 + hrs to see the sunset on a nearby mountain, then did a 2500 m piece Friday morning, and lifted in the afternoon. This morning I slept in and am having coffee time and waiting for a late morning row. Here's a shot of my view.
We will row some more easy distance this morning, rest on Sunday, and then we will be moving into the dorms at the Swiss Rowing Center, where the Swiss national team trains. Right now we are up on the mountain side living with our wonderful host, Frauke! The schedule for next week is filled with race pace and sprint work to prepare for WC3 the following week. Ben and I will be rehearsing our base rhythm to eliminate any third 500 fade. I think Ben and I have a lot of energy that is going into the middle of the race that is not necessarily being harnessed in the right way quite yet. The goal in the middle 1k is to have a rhythm that moves the boat itself, harmonic motion that does not require great amounts of extra energy, it just requires the right connected movements. When the suspension is tied together properly, the boat does not slow down. Thats what I see when I watch the Sinkovic brothers row, a wonderfully connected and simple system that creates and carries momentum. Simple but not easy.
Here is a clip of us paddling the other day on Lake Sarnen. It was a bit blustery out there but has been mirror calm ever since.
Some shots of our hike on Thursday evening.
Looking over towards Lucerne.


Comments
Post a Comment